Sweaty palms, a racing heart and wishing you were somewhere safer are fine when you're about to take a tandem skydive over Hawaii - but that's certainly not how paying for it on the Internet should feel. So we're leading the way with innovations to make online shopping safer and more secure. Top of the list are NetPledge and NetPromise, which make your card just as secure over the net as it is over the counter. You can also have an extra level of security with Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode.
If someone uses your GlobalPlus Card to shop on the net without your permission, you still have your card, your card details have been kept secure, and you've complied with your card Terms and Conditions, with NetPledge you won't be liable.
If you card is lost or stolen and you haven't given someone else your card details or permission to use it and you did not contribute to or cause any loss, simply report the loss within a reasonable time and you will only be liable for a maximum of $50.
How to make sure you're protected by NetPledge and NetPromise
All we ask in return for the protection NetPledge and NetPromise offer you is that you make a couple of simple checks before you use your GlobalPlus card to shop online:
- Does the web address begin with https, and does your browser show a security symbol like a closed padlock or key when you're on the site?
- Does the site have a published security and privacy statement?
- Does the site have a returns policy?
If the answer is "yes" to these three questions, you can shop until your GlobalPlus card begins to melt, confident those airline tickets, hard-to-find 1970s LPs or irresistible collectible salt and pepper shakers won't end up costing even more than you impulsively decided to spend on them anyway.
Verified by Visa gives you more protection still
|You can up the security on your card even more with a unique password that verifies your details with participating retailers when you shop online. It's easy to do:
- Register your GlobalPlus Visa at the Verified by Visa website.
- Once that's done, only you will be able to use your GlobalPlus Visa to buy online at participating retailers.
|You've got a GlobalPlus MasterCard and want a similar level of security those Visa users can get? No problem!
- Register your GlobalPlus MasterCard at the MasterCard SecureCode website.
- Once that's done, you can use your SecureCode password to verify your details at participating retailers when you shop online.